jeannie's hands at work

Knitting, crocheting, other handwork, and personal.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Monday, Monday...

I had a great day yesterday. I got to knit and be a part of one of my favorite TV shows "In Plain Sight," USA network. Here's the link

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/inplainsight/?__source=ggl|in+plain+sight|Brand|G_InPlainSight4&sky=ggl|in+plain+sight|Brand|G_InPlainSight4

A scene was shot at the Yarn Store at Nob Hill and I got to be one of the "knitting ladies."
It was fun.
What a beautiful New Mexico day for sitting outside and knitting and talking with other knitters. We were "on set" about 2 hours and the rest of the time waiting.
I saw an old friend who was working on the crew and passed some of the time catching up with him.
Sometimes when you work as an extra on a movie or TV show, it can be exhausting - you have to stand in one place for hours, or sit without moving or talking, and long, long hours. But yesterday was very relaxed comparatively.
Of course, I have to say the food was wonderful. It's one of the perks of being an extra that you get to eat great food just like the crew and cast.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

So you had a fun afternoon and also got paid? Cool.

How did you learn of this shoot?

10:42 AM  
Blogger Unfurled said...

Thanks so much for your tips on my blog. I'm going to try all of them! I'll be stopping here to see what you're up to, often. All the best!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home