jeannie's hands at work

Knitting, crocheting, other handwork, and personal.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My TB called today!

My dear TB called today. He 's in the Big Apple. We hadn't talked in several weeks. He's busy playing his music and being a business coach. We have an amazing story.

I grew up with this brother- we were adopted together. Last year on Good Friday, I think, my youngest sister found my brother, left a message on his phone and changed my TB's and my life forever. Turns out, we have 9 other siblings!!!!!! 4 boys and 7 girls. TB and I met 5 of our sisters and our birth mother for the first time last summer. A miracle and a fabulous gift. I'll post more about this later.

I'm making progress on my sweater and my first sock. My Russian friend at work has offered to coach me through the socks. I'll need it - the first one I cast on loosely and it'll never stay pulled up. I can tell from looking at it. That's ok - it's a process....

My DS was 17 yesterday! I was remembering that I tried to make him a sweater when he was born. I never finished it - I can't remember what happened to it.

I found a plastic baggie of patterns at Goodwill years ago for a quarter. I recently opened it. O, M,G! What treasures! I'm going to knit up some of the patterns and share them with you all. I am amazed at what's been packed away in my yarn stash all this time.

'Anyone know where I can find angora yarn at a rock bottom price? I want some for these hats from the patterns in the baggie.

I also found a shawl pattern I'd like to make. I have LOT of Ironstone Mills mohair that I bought years ago at the warehouse near my hometown. It's black (boring) and why I bought sooooOOOO much is beyond me. But there might be enough to make a shawl. That will be my goal to start by the time school's out for the summer for my kids.

That's it for today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

I'm jealous. He hasn't called me at all *sniffle*

3:29 AM  
Blogger jeannie said...

I'm so sorry.... Maybe he'll read this and call you! I still have to copy tapes for everybody. I gotta get this going. Love, Jeannie

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home