jeannie's hands at work

Knitting, crocheting, other handwork, and personal.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Knitting Update

Yesterday I got my application in to teach a crochet class and knitting socks class at our local continuing education department. I hope I get approved. I'd really like to share what I'm learning.

I started a new gauge swatch for a shawl made with my ebay purchase. I wound that cone into balls for 2 1/2 hours last Tuesday night. Whew! Thank you to the women in my group who Had a ball winder and a swift. It was so much easier than doing it by hand at home with kitties helping. Hee. hee.

I finally have good pictures of the kitties.

I took a camera to the Lumpia bash this last weekend. Lumpia are Filipino egg rolls. My girlfriend makes at least 1-200 at a time about 4 times a year and additionally serves shrimp fried rice and stir-fried vegetables. It's incredibly labor intensive separating the wrappers, rolling, and deep frying that many. She always invites a big crowd and the men swoon and forsake tv sports of all kinds(!) to eat 3+ helpings. Her motto is "If you leave my house hungry, it's your own darn fault !"

I have an endless 2 inches more to knit on the sleeves of my 1st sweater. I keep measuring, but it's still 2 inches - all week long. Then I'm going to have to go back and knit another four or so inches on to the back and front pieces. It doesn't make sense that the sleeves will fill in the back and front, sooooo,.....

I am ready to graft the toe on my first sock. I haven't had a block of concentrating time yet this week. My daughter has a concert Wednesday night and a play Thursday night. panting and out of breath from running her to and fro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home