jeannie's hands at work

Knitting, crocheting, other handwork, and personal.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Shetland Knitter's Notebook arrived.

My book arrived Monday airmailed from Guernsey(sp?), UK. Wow. GREAT SERVICE. I was so glad to get it. I have to admit it wasn't what I thought it would be though. I actually bought it hoping that the picture on the front of Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman would be in A Shetland Knitter's Notebook along WITH the pattern since that was the credit on the picture.

Oh, well. Even though that was disappointing, the lace shawls in SKN are just incredible and I had no idea how big some of them were.

One of my majors in college was costume design , but Victorian England was not one of my specialty periods. I never really paid attention to the lesser known areas of that period like shawls, undergarments, etc. except for the hated corset and petticoats. So I learned something anyway and I'm glad I got the book. I may even try to duplicate the pattern just on my own.

2 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

Hi there, I got a bid on a Jaeger pattern book on eBay too. I don't know the original price but the book is now out of print, so I am happy to have it for about 2 BP. Thanks for the info on the coned yarn. Do you mind telling me the seller? Thanks.

4:41 PM  
Blogger jeannie said...

Agnes, hi. The seller was on EBay. It's Mystic Inca. Here's a link to one of their offerings. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36591&item=8184046239&rd=1
Have fun. I'm happy with my puchase however I might go for smaller amounts next time..........Nah, probably not! ;)

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home