jeannie's hands at work

Knitting, crocheting, other handwork, and personal.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

New Pictures, New Projects





So here's the bowl - vase I crocheted for the State Fair. I'm very pleased with it. It felted beautifully. I LOVE LAMB'S PRIDE BULKY!!!!!! I also like the orangey- brownish handspun stuff.

Noelle is right- it needs something blue(?) as an accent. I'm going to see if I can crochet a shape and felt that to go on it. It needs one or two for effect.

What do you think?

I'm casting on Xmas presents this week. I have hats, scarves, and I'm not sure what else to make.

I have an Irish Hiking scarf in wool and yak. Pretty cables and actually long enough with one skein. I 'm surprised about that.

I found some novelty wool and some lavender wool and yak yarn for a hat.

A swatch for a crocheted bolero has been started. Pooch is the yarn called for but I'm swatching Lion Brand Homespun. It seems to be making up the same although not as loopy or dimensionally fun.


Still trying to get the Paisley Shawl going. Way to go Shaila, you're doing great.:)

Tonight is knitting group. So Time to knit!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said...

Look! Irish Hiking wrist warmers to match the scarf!
http://wineandneedles.blogspot.com/2004/12/wrist-warmer-pattern.html

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home