jeannie's hands at work

Knitting, crocheting, other handwork, and personal.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Moonlight Mohair Shawl





















I had forgotten all about this. I started it way last year after I did a Gold shawl from an Allure yarn pattern. Allure is a super bulky fuzzy yarn - Moda Dea, I think, but the pattern is simple. It's worked from the long edge down so when you get close the finish, you have fewer and fewer stitches. If you work the ends in as you go, it's almost ready to wear when you bind it off.
I worked on it this weekend at the Annual Folk Festival demonstration on Saturday. Then I finished Sunday morning between 6 and 10 am. I don't usually sleep in on weekends.
I adjusted the pattern and cast on more stitches for this one so the triangle point would fall lower on my back. I wanted it to cover the small of my back because I get so chilly at work sitting at my desk in front of the server room.
The first picture shows the bottom edge and the texture of the garter stitch, and the second picture shows the back and how long it is. Much better than the gold one. There are better pictures of the beginning of this shawl in my February 2006 posts - the color is more accurate.
Yay, me! Another UFO finished.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Jeannie, it's been a while since I stopped by your blog. The shawl looks great. Hope you had some success with your dyed yarn at the folk festival. Look forward to hearing about it at Knit Night!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home