jeannie's hands at work

Knitting, crocheting, other handwork, and personal.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Oh, My, Gosh!!!!!!! It's Magic - it's LACE!!!!!!!

For eleven months I have knitted this. From "one big, ugly, wadgey ('wad-gee) bag ? hat? 'What IS that?!'," attention-getter to Lace, and a shawl!!!! Oh my gosh. It really blooms!
Now I understand WHY we knit lace.

As it comes off the needles and falls away it becomes this floaty, ethereal creation... I can hardly bring words to it.
Eleven months -worth it -e v e r y s t i t c h -all 1872 bound off stitches in the final row.





ELEVEN MONTHS-
I've dropped stitches and tinked back, and in the LAST SIX ROWS, I had to tink, TINK, mind you, NOT rip, TINK back 3/4ths of 624 stitches because I didn't read the right row. DUHHHHHH. I've spent all my four days off on the last 6 rows! After ELEVEN months, you'd think I could read the last 6 rows correctly. Nope, nope, nope.



Less than 200 stitches to go!


Close-up of Picot edging.


Shawl on couch -I didn't realize it would stretch so much.

























Edge detail.



















It's so soft and light, but warm! Just right for my freezing office. Server room, cool away. I laugh at you now...!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

it's gorgeous!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! and you have got quite the lace weight stash, lady!!!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home