jeannie's hands at work

Knitting, crocheting, other handwork, and personal.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Finished Object Friday!!!






Hooray! I finished this shawl. I started it after the Fiber Arts Fiesta in May 2005. It was a pattern from someone in the New Mexico Crochet Guild. She told me how she did her poncho on the Guild's display (gorgeous in worsted purple silk and wool, BTW), and I wrote what I could remember down on a scrap of paper. I started it at least 4 times till I found the right combo of hook and stitch. I used a double strand of the 10,000 yards of 50/50 alpaca & wool I got last April on Ebay. Here's the old pic of the cone and a swatch. Double crochet with an edge of single crochet. I thought about a picot edge but I just wanted to FINISH this. :-) I think it's turned out ok. I wanted it long enough to cover my back and drape in the front. I'll get a picture of the front this weekend if I have batteries in the camera at home.I'm going to wear it to tape Psychiatry Grand Rounds this morning. I'm always cold there.

[UPDATE] I wasn't cold!!!!

Oh, the back view pic is weird because the camera remote that can take pictures from a distance has a dead battery. I went in the bathroom and took it over my shoulder, but I couldn't see the viewfinder so I didn't know my face was in it too! Are there prizes for weird (read BAD) pics on blogs? The drawbacks of video cameras and still shots. O.M.G. - is my hair really that white?

I finally found where to get "things" to use as shawl pins. Model Pharmacy across from Walgreen's at Carlisle, Monte Vista, and Lomas. They have (I hear) nifty hair ornaments that will work for shawls. My only other option is to make my own. Good thing I'm a silversmith and plumber - I have skills.

More Later!

4 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Good job! I love it.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

it's gorgeous!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

It's lovely--here and in person. Now what are you going to do with all that camel??! ;)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow Jeannie, that's gorgeous. You'll have to bring it along to knit night and show us in person!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home