Friday -UFO's Recaptured and Still Crazy Busy
I've been teaching five classes at Continuing Education again. I knew I'd do three, but two more came up on one day's notice. Whew! I've been playing catch-up or stay barely ahead ever since.
I'm done with all the classes in April.
My job has gotten crazy. Without going into too much detail, things are just up in the air, so it's very stressful, hard to not get "down,"and hard to listen to the talk. Couple that with a heavier than usual shooting schedule, and I'm a tired cookie before I get to Saturday mornings.
I took a class in editing that directly applies to my job. That was four mornings in the last two weeks. But I learned A LOT. And I got a certificate! Yay!
What I've learned and done about my feeling so disorganized?
1) I've gotten all my teaching files organized in one file cabinet. I have Beginning and Intermediate classes separated and labeled carefully. I have handouts sorted and ready to copy and in separate file folders so they're easy to grab and go.
2) I realize that for the beginning classes I want to have their beginning kits all made up and ready to go at least 3-4 weeks before the class starts. That means I have to order or buy supplies in town ahead of time and keep them on hand.
3) I won't order books for classes after the class starts again. Untimely delivery is playing havoc with my ability to provide books and supplies. I'm not sure I want to have anyone in town order for me because of time crunches as well.
4) I'm starting to write down things about the classes after each one. It helps me remember how I want to change up the next semester's classes, and what the students wanted to work on the next class, and/or what handouts they wanted.
5) I want to order nicer yarns for my students starting in the summer. We all deserve to use nice stuff right away.
6) I have to get more rest, i.e. I HAVE to go to bed at 8:30 or 9:00 at the latest on order to get enough rest.
7) I have to take better care of myself. That's all - I have to.
OKAY -on to UFO's.
I finished washcloths from before Christmas. I found two sweaters I was working on BC -(before Christmas) and I'm working on them and 4 pairs of socks on the needles, along with 2 baby sweaters for people here in town.
That's it for now. Pictures next week if I can wrestle the camera away from my DD long enough.